You’ll definitely get a surprise with this pulled-apart petals onion ring and dipped into the sour cream sauce.
1 Fresh large yellow onion
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup Sour Cream
1 tablespoon creale mustard
1 teaspoon cajun
½ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
- Peel the yellow onion skin and cut off the onion stem.
- Place the onion root facing top, cut an inch from the root down (not to cut all the way through), into 12 sections.
- Gently flip over the onion and pull out each section to separate the petals.
- Prepare 3 large bowls.
- Gather the eggs and 1 tablespoons of water in 1 large bowl, then mix well.
- Follow by gathering the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt in another large bowl, then mix well.
- Dip the onion into the egg wash, make sure the egg is covered on every single surface.
- Then, dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, and make sure it fully coats with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Drizzle some oil on the onion.
- Preheat the Samu Giken Air Fryer at a temperature of 375C for 5 minutes.
- Place the onion in the Samu Giken Air Fryer and cook for 20 minutes.
- While waiting for the yellow onion to be cooked, we can peel off the garlic skin and mince it.
- Gather the sour cream, creale mustard, cajun, mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl and mix it well.
- Then you are now ready to enjoy the crispy blooming onion ring with sour cream sauce.