It’s a delicious Chinese appetizers filled with shredded vegetables, shrimp and deep-fried to crispy goodness. It’s so crispy that everyone will love it!!
3 tablespoons sesame oil
¼ large cabbage
1 fresh medium carrot
115 grams deveined raw shrimp, peeled
1 cup snow peas
¼ cup fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
8 inch square spring roll wrappers
- Wash the cabbage and cut it into ¼ size, then with a cut side facing down onto the cutting board, start to slice the cabbage into shreds.
- Remove the carrot skin and cut it into matchsticks size.
- Wash the raw shrimp and peeled off the skin, devein the raw shrimp and cut it into 5mm cube size.
- Cut the snow peas into matchstick size.
- Mince the fresh cilantro.
- Set up Samu Giken Multi-cooker at medium-high temperature, add in 1 tablespoons of the sesame oil and start cooking until slightly smoking.
- Add in cabbage and carrots, stir constantly about 2 minutes until it turns slightly wilted.
- Transfer it to a large bowl, then add in shrimp, snow peas, cilantro, lime juice and crushed red pepper, stir evenly to mix well.
- Place a spring roll wrapper on a clean surface with a corner facing you.
- Scoop 1 spoon filling in the centre of the spring roll wrapper, spreading them from left to right into a 3 inch long strip.
- Fold bottom corner of each wrapper over the filling, tucking the tip of the corner under the filling.
- Fold left and right corners over the filling, lightly brush water on the remaining corner, tightly roll the filled end towards the remaining corner, gently press to seal it tight.
- Brush the spring rolls with some oil.
- Repeat step 9 to step 13 for the remaining filling.
- Preheat the Samu Giken Air Fryer at a temperature of 200C for 5 minutes.
- Place the spring roll in a Samu Giken Air Fryer basket,cook at 200C for 5 minutes.
- Turn the spring rolls another side and continue to air fry for another 2 minutes until it turns golden color.
- Repeat step 16 and step 17 with the remaining spring rolls.
- Once done, Serve the spring rolls with sweet chili sauce.