KOREAN CREAM CHEESE
If you like cheese and garlic this combinations, then you will definitely love this dishes. This dishes is originally from Korea street food and you can found it almost at every bakery shop in Malaysia. Try to homemade and you can add as much cream cheese as you love!!
200g bread flour
1 tablespoon milk powder
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
3g instant yeast
25ml vegetable oil
100g Cream Cheese
1 tablespoon sugar
30ml whip cream
100ml cooking oil
5 pcs garlic cloves
1 tablespoon salted butter
2 tablespoon dried Parsley
- Gather water, yeast, sugar, bread flour, milk powder, salt and oil in the Samu Giken Stand Mixer.
- Knead for 20 minutes until it is elastic. Let it proof for an hour.
- Apply some bread flour on a clean surface, then remove the air from the dough.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces and roll them into a ball.
- Set aside to either let it proof for an hour or until the dough size has doubled up.
- While waiting for the dough to double up the size, you can preheat the Samu Giken Analog Air Fryer at 180C for 5 minutes.
- Spread some water on the dough and move it into the preheated Samu Giken Analog Air Fryer and bake it for about 15 minutes.
- Once it’s done baking, remove the buns from the Samu Giken Analog Air Fryer and use a clean kitchen towel to cover lightly on it to set it cool.
- While waiting for the buns to cool down, we can start making the garlic cream cheese filling. Cut the garlic cloves and dried parsley into smaller pieces.
- Gather the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and stir to mix it well.
- In another bowl, gather cooking oil, garlic, dried parsley, whip cream and egg to stir until it mixes well.
- Then, cut slightly on top of the cooled buns into 4 divisions, make sure the knife does not go all the way down the buns.
- Fill the 4 divisions with the softened cream cheese.
- Soak each Bun into the garlic-butter mixture.
- Preheat the Samu Giken Analog Air Fryer with 180C for 5minutes.
- Lastly, Move the buns into the preheated Samu Giken Analog Air Fryer to bake for another 25 minutes.
- Once it’s done, you can now serve the Korean Cream Cheese Garlic Bun.