If you are looking for something to bake for Chinese new year, then you can go for this dessert. You can always control the sweetness base on your prefer sweetness level.
120g fine sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise
150g plain flour
100g unsalted softened butter
2 egg yolks
20g icing sugar
25g milk powder
- Add butter and 2 egg yolks in a Samu Giken Stand Mixer, then stir to mix well.
- Next, add in icing sugar, plain flour and milk powder, continue to mix into the dough.
- Then, set it aside and rest it for 30 mins.
- Peel off and remove the core of the pineapple, then blend it using Samu Giken Multi-functional blender.
- Stir Fry the pineapple in Samu Giken Multi-Cooker with over medium heat, add in Cinnamon, star anise, cloves and sugar.
- Continue stirring until the mixture has thickened.
- Set the pineapple paste aside to cool it down.
- Seperate the pineapple and the dough each into 24 portions, and roll them into a ball size.
- Then flatten the dough by pressing them in between your hands.
- Fill the pineapple paste in the middle of the flatten dough.
- Wrap it into a bigger ball size.
- Brush on a light coat of egg wash on top of the pineapple filling dough.
- Preheat the Samu Giken Air Fryer at a temperature of 180C for 5 mins.
- Repeat step 2 to 5 for the rest of the portions.
- Once the air fryer is heated, place the pineapple filling dough separately. Make sure they don’t touch each other to avoid under-cooking.
- Start air fry for another 23 mins.
- Once the pineapple tart is done, you can now enjoy them with a cup of chinese tea!!