Chinese sausage sticky rice is definitely a must try in chinese cuisine. The Chinese sausage is bouncy and firm against the sticky soft rice and silky mushrooms. It’ll keep you coming back for bite after bite.
2 chinese sausages
4 dried shiitake mushrooms
3 tsp Ginger
1 tbsp dried shrimps
1 stalk green onion
1 cup glutinous rice
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp Chinese soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp oyster sauce
- Soak the shiitake mushroom and dried shrimps in water (420ml) for 1 hour.
- Gather chinese soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil and oyster sauce in a bowl, and stir to mix well.
- Wash glutinous rice using water and rinse it at least 3 times until the water is clear, remove the water, and set it aside.
- Gently squeeze out the water from the mushrooms and shrimps when you remove them from the water.
- Set the water a side to reserve it for cooking rice.
- Cut the mushrooms into ½ inch cubes.
- Remove the ginger skin, mince the ginger and the shrimps.
- Slice the chinese sausages for thickness about 0.5cm.
- Remove the garlic skin and minced it.
- Set up the Samu Giken Pressure Cooker and Manually select for 10 minutes.
- Add cooking oil in the pot and wait till it’s hot enough.
- Add in minced garlic and cook it until it turns yellowish.
- Next, gather ginger, shrimps, chinese sausages and mushrooms in the Samu Giken Pressure Cooker pot and start to stir fry until it turns slightly brown.
- Once it’s cooked enough, add in the glutinous rice and pour the water that was reserved earlier and the sauce into the Samu Giken Pressure Cooker pot, then mix well with.
- Cover the lid, and select rice mode to start cooking.
- Once the rice is cooked, open the cover lid and pour the sauce on top of the rice and mix it until the sauce is incorporated.
- Lastly, sparkle with green onions will enhance the taste of the rice.