Red bean soup is a famous chinese dessert that can either serve hot or cold. An interesting way to eat is the leftover red bean soup can also be frozen to make ice pops.
315g red beans
150g rock sugar
1 pcs dried tangerine peel
¾ teaspoons salt
1.5 litres water
½ cup sago pearl
- Wash off the red beans and drain it.
- Breaks the rock sugar into smaller pieces.
- Fill about 200ml water into the Samu Giken Pressure cooker pot, turn on the soup mode to boil it.
- When it starts boiling, add in the sago and select manual mode to cook for 30 minutes.
- Once it beeps, it turns to quick release. When the valve drops, allow the sago to swell for another 30 minutes, until it turns to translucent.
- Run the cooked sago through a fine sieve and running water to remove excess starch.
- Next, fill the Samu Giken Pressure cooker pot with 1.5 litres of water, then turn on Beans mode.
- When the water starts boiling, add in the red bean, rock sugar and dried tangerine peel and cook for 30 minutes.
- When it beeps, it turns to quick release. When the valve drops, remove the pot cover carefully.
- Lastly, add in the cooked sago and stir to mix well.
- You can serve now!